Another part of me recently won out. That other part of me feels a little guilty not having a blog when everyone else I know has one. That part feels a little guilty when I stalk other friends on their blogs and don't ever return the favor of allowing them to stalk me. This part of me remembers that every time I tell people something Annalise says, people say, "I hope you are writing these down!" I guess for now I decided that I might as well write some things down on a blog, and it can become part of my journal. (I'm already in the habit of using emails and website comments as journal entries to keep track of the less-personal details of my life.) This part of me that has decided to blog thinks of things to say all the time... and goodness knows once I get started writing I tend to get a little long winded!
I suppose we will see which part wins out in the end. Will I ultimately decide that it's a fruitless endeavor with no feedback from anyone, or will I enjoy having a place to ramble and air my views and thoughts? Some of both, I think. I guess you will know which one is winning at the moment by the frequency of posts. :)
I figure even if I'm not posting, I can always rely on Nick to throw up an interesting article he's read or something... one thing he is is reliable. (Unlike yours truly.) This blog is NOT to give Nick an additional thing to do. That's why I started it on blogger. _I_ will figure it out and maintain it (with just a TEENY WEENY bit of help) and he will have the sole option of posting whatever he chooses, whenever he likes, as much as he wants, or not posting at all. Of course, it's a debate on where it actually ends up (blogger, word press, another server, etc.) and I have a feeling Nick will have a say in that. :)
I tried to think of names for my blog, and thought about what I would mostly blog about... here were some ideas:
- "Annaliseisms." Cute things Annalise says and does. (I assume this will take up the vast majority of the space.)
- "Melanie's Mumblings." I thought "Melanie's Murmurings" might also be good, but since I'm teaching the Book of Mormon this year for Sunday School, I didn't want to align myself too closely to Laman and Lemuel. I was thinking of it more along the lines of streams that murmur as they go down the mountainside, where no one really pays much attention to the noise...
- "The Bodacious Barretts." This would completely brand me as a child from the '80's. I haven't seriously used the word "bodacious" in... well... ever.
Honestly, titles have always been my weak suit.
I'm still open for suggestions. If you have any, go ahead and shoot them this way. :)
I guess the surest way to find out what the blog will entail is to blog it. We'll see how long this endeavor of mine lasts, and since I'm still rather torn about doing it in the first place, it might not be long. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment